Director of Music
20/03/18 13:00 Filed in: Worship
: Fairview United Methodist ChurchPosition
: Director of MusicAvailability
• Degree in music preferred; experience directing choirs is advantageous.
• Demonstrates leadership, musical, conducting and teaching skills, particularly when working with volunteers.
• Is familiar with choral music, and has a working knowledge of church music, or is willing to learn what is appropriate for the setting.
• Encourages diversity and creativity by using and teaching various genres of worship music.
• Generates enthusiasm for performance as an act of worship.
• Exhibits professional demeanor and respect, and encourages other musicians to do so as well.
• Spends adequate time in preparation for rehearsals and performances, so that choirs develop confidence in the director's abilities.
• Adheres to Safe Sanctuary and other policies of the congregation.Salary:
This position is part-time for nine months per year (September-May). Compensation to be negotiated based upon applicant's skills and experience, as well as the assignments of directing. Candidates will be covered by workers' compensation and social security.Deadline
: 2018-4-30Contact Name
: AK LovelaceAddress:
828 West Fairview Ave
Dayton, OH 45406Phone:
(937) 274-2189Email: firstname.lastname@example.org